Charles Schwab Web Architect - Technical Director in Austin, Texas
We believe that , when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck at http://www.aboutschwab.com/about/leadership/charles_schwab over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Advisor Digital Custody and Trading Technology (ADCATT) team is responsible for leading a coordinated technology approach to developing and maintaining Schwab’s primary digital channels. Our goal is to create a seamless experience across our mobile, web and downloadable platforms that are powerful yet simple for our customers to use.
We're looking for a talented technologist to be an Architect for Schwab Advisor Center. This is an opportunity to work on the next generation of SAC and be a part of a cutting edge team respected for the products they produce and client satisfaction those products support.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for design and architecture guidance across multiple initiatives that impact schwabadvisorcenter.com (SAC). You'll work closely with other technologists to define the technology strategy for the site and ensure that technical decisions are consistent with the vision and strategy. You will also work with leaders across the enterprise to align best practices for all of Schwab’s web properties. In addition, you will provide day-to-day technical guidance and mentoring to multiple Agile teams comprised of developers, tech leads, Scrum Masters and testing engineers.
Other duties including:
• Leading design discussions and mentoring engineers on proper web solutions.
• Publishing and presenting to technology leaders and business executives.
• Providing thought leadership around technical solutions.
• Review, comment and contribute to the firm's overall technology strategy.
What you have:
• 12+ years of experience in software applications
• Ability to define and present a vision for the future of web technology.
• Leadership qualities which engineers recognize and respect.
• Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
• Broad knowledge of the web technology space: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
• Deep knowledge of REST and the Web Services space.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with server side .NET and PCF.
• Some knowledge and experience with Java.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with integrating consumer based websites with Fortune 500 service tiers.
• Ability (and preference) to work in an Agile environment.
• Ability to work with both engineers (in the code) and executives (deckware).
• A software engineering background is a must.
• Knowledge of content management systems, CDNs, and other web enterprise components.
• Fantastic interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a corporate culture based on relationships in a team that emphasizes delivery, innovation, and transformation
What you’ll get:
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab at http://www.aboutschwab.com/careers/lifeatschwab/" .
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Languages:English - spoken
Current Licenses / Certifications:None
Relevant Work Experience:IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
Position Located In:TX - Austin
Job Type:Full Time
Activation Date: Monday, June 18, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, September 19, 2018